Sunday, July 29, 2007

Pre-Departure Introduction

Test Post. ya heard? this is not even my real first post.

Had some of my friends over last night for the send-off BBQ. I must say I'm sorry I wasn't able to spend more quality time with a few people.

As for my upcoming travels...I'm beyond excited. As I've mentioned to a some of you. I think the excitement comes from the opportunities that are coming that encompass nearly every aspect of my life. I have a year coming up that is going to offer incredible experiences for personal growth and exploration socially, academically, religiously, professionally, and so on.

I'm lucky enough to know a few people on the program from school as well as a collection of other contacts from a variety of places including people I met at ulpan, volunteering trips, people living here, working here for the year, and serving in the army. That said I have no doubt that the hardest part of this year will be being away from my family with whom I am so close. I'll appreciate all the love, comments, and emails that you might be able to spare me.

The blog will be an interesting balance. In addition to having to make time for it I'm going to have to keep in mind my audience. I'm writing for family, friends, teachers, classmates, rabbis, guys, girls, the possible unknown googler, and occasional extremist. As such I'm going to keep the content rated PG-13 or so and edit myself and others to limit certain information.

I can't tell you how excited I am for this year and I hope I can transfer some of that to you.

Regards,
Johnny Kosher

No comments: